The Dolder Grand’s elevated location provides a magnificent view of the city of Zurich, the lake and the Alps.
The Dolder Grand is the perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation: 175 Rooms and Suites: 15 single rooms, 101 double rooms, 48 junior suites, 7 suites, 4 Top Suites, 1 Residence, exquisite cuisine, a spa covering 4,000 square metres and generous banqueting and seminar facilities. The original “Curhaus” dating from 1899 presents itself anew as the luxury-class City Resort. Its elevated location, between the pulsa¬ting life of the city and a refreshingly natural green zone, provides a magnificent view of the city of Zurich, the lake and the Alps. Most striking is the hotel’s art collection with more than 100 artworks including Andy Warhol, Henry Moore and Salvador Dalí.
Leading London architects Foster and Partners have combined the historic main building, dating from 1899, with the innovations of modern architecture. Two new wings, the Spa Wing and the Golf Wing, curve around the fully restored main building in a fusion of past and future. The Dolder Grand occupies a unique elevated position, between the city and the surrounding woodland.
Encompassing 4,000 square metres, the award winning Dolder Grand Spa offers a unique range of activities for your well-being.
The Dolder Grand Spa offers unique experience for wellbeing with European and Japanese influences. The Aqua Zone houses a large swimming pool with a view of the natural surroundings, a reclining area with outdoor whirlpools, sanarium, steambath and a snowparadise for cooling off. Experience the relaxing warmth of the heated pebbles in the Sunaburo, Japanese-style. In the separate Ladies’ Spa and Gentlemen’s Spa areas there are saunas, steambaths, kotatsu footbaths, aromapools and steampots.
The relaxation area, the hanging lounger chairs in the chillout area and the meditation area with its fascinating mirror mosaic cupola are the perfect places to repose. In the Reception area are a library containing 600 books, the hairstyling studio, the Spa Café and a shop selling beauty products and accessories. The large fitness room is equipped with cardiovascular and strength machines. Group fitness classes take place in the studios.
20 treatment rooms offer space for a wide range of treatments including facials, manicures, massages and body treatments using the cosmetic products La Prairie, Kerstin Florian and Amala (100 % natural skincare). Two luxurious spa suites are available for private relaxation.
Children must be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult for admission to the spa.
Due to annual maintenance work, partial areas of the Spa will be closed from 6th to 16th March 2017. Treatments are bookable at anytime.
The Restaurant (2 Michelin stars, 18 GaultMillau points), the Saltz restaurant and the Bar make the Dolder Grand an oasis for gourmet delights.
The Restaurant offers an innovative gourmet menu by Chef Fine Dining Heiko Nieder. The secret of his style is his wide spectrum of flavours, which renounce traditional concepts of taste. The Restaurant is awarded 18 points GaultMillau and 2 Michelin Stars. The gourmet restaurant, with its distinctive eclectic décor, seats 47, and in addition has a private dining room, a lounge bar and terrace. The fully restored historic ceiling gives the room an elegant atmosphere, which is emphasized by the exclusive interior design.
The new Restaurant Saltz, designed by artist Rolf Sachs, inspires with a cosy and at times theatrical ambience, inviting diners to question preconceptions and view objects from a different perspective. Our chef, Patrick Hetz, creates dishes which inspire with their intriguing simplicity, adopting a worldly and urbane view on his menu while incorporating local seasonal specialities and produce. The Saltz Bar invites guests to enjoy cocktails and snacks in a lively and social atmosphere. On Sundays, a lavish, buffet-style brunch is available, and in summer, the large sun terrace is the perfect setting for outdoor eating. The Chefs of the Dolder Grand share their knowledge and personal experience in regular cookery courses in the main kitchen.
The lobby is a remarkable blend of architecture and atmosphere. The restored historic ceiling and antique fireplace combine with modern interior design. Drinks and light snacks are served here, with a tempting new selection of cakes and pastries daily. Traditional English afternoon tea is served during the winter months. Drinks, cocktails and light snacks are served in the modern Bar. An unusual ocean of lights creates a unique atmosphere, and live piano music completes the mood.
Winter break The Restaurant 2017
The Restaurant will be closed from 19 February to 6 March 2017. We will be happy to welcome you again on Tuesday evening, 7 March 2017.
Summer break The Restaurant 2017
The Restaurant will be closed from 23 July to 14 August 2017. We will be happy to welcome you again on Tuesday evening, 15 August 2017.
The Dolder Grand offers the right facilities for any occasion you care to name: exclusive dinners, informal meals, seminars, banquets or fabulous parties.
For special company events, conferences and seminars, banquets, weddings, private dinners, meetings, exhibitions or other events in Zurich: the Dolder Grand offers exclusive facilities for up to 900 guests.
– Ballroom: 400 m2 with imposing cupola ceiling, which can be lit in various different colours, parquet flooring, walls covered with a layer of Alcantara. The foyer has enough space to serve as a reception area, which can be extended onto the adjoining terrace, if required.
– Gallery: spanning 715 m2 largest function room at the Dolder Grand. Subtle colour scheme, parquet flooring and extensive window frontage.
– Garden Salons: combinations of between 120 and 409 m2 are possible, carpeted floors, feature indirect lighting from a segmented ceiling and a Swarovski crystal curtain. Floor to-ceiling windows provide a spacious feel and flood the rooms with light. The three individual Salons can be divided and offer direct access to the terrace and its wonderful south-facing views.
– Libraries: typically British atmosphere and cosy living-room atmosphere with fireplace, paintings by Dutch artist Abraham Bisschop, antiques and travel literature.
– Breakout Rooms: for small meetings and conferences with floor-to-ceiling windows and a balcony.
– Gallery Lounges: the Gallery Lounges are located in a terraced construction above the Gallery, from which they are accessible via a modern glass lift or a flight of stairs. The lobby serves as a reception area for the three individually combinable lounges. All rooms have parquet flooring and offer access to the terrace with a generous lawn and wonderful south-facing views. The floor-to-ceiling windows provide a bright ambience.
- 1 night including Breakfast in Saltz Restaurant
- Late checkout until 3.00 pm
- Unlimited Access to the Dolder Grand Spa (4,000 m2)
02 September 2016
30 September 2016
|Double room Superior||From CHF 555.-|
|Double room Deluxe||From CHF 640.-|
|Junior Suite Superior||From CHF 800.-|
|Junior Suite Deluxe||From CHF 960.-|
24-Hour Room Service